Ow.ly Terms of Service
Rules of Conduct
You agree that you may only use the Site for your own personal and non-commercial purposes. You also agree that you will not do or permit to be done through your account or log-in any of the following:
- violate or infringe the copyrights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any person;
- post or submit libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, harassing or otherwise actionable or objectionable material;
- post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters;
- use automated scripts, spiders, bots or similar means to harvest or collect member information or other information from the Site; however, you may capture contact data and other information where the Site expressly permits, encourages or requires it;
- use the Site in a manner that could damage, disable or overburden the Site or violate the law;
- provide inaccurate or misleading information when registering as a member;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- you may submit video, image and written content ("User Content"). You understand that whether or not such User Content is published, Invoke Media Inc. does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Content.
- you shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Invoke Media Inc. to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Content and have all necessary consents to collect, use and disclose any personally identifiable information contained or displayed in any and all User Content to enable inclusion and use of the User Content in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content. However, by submitting User Content to Invoke Media Inc., you hereby grant Invoke Media Inc. a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Content in connection with the Invoke Media Inc. Website and Invoke Media Inc.'s (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Invoke Media Inc. Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby waive any moral rights you may have in your User Content and grant each user of the Invoke Media Inc. Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in User Videos terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your User Videos from the Invoke Media Inc. Service. You understand and agree, however, that Invoke Media Inc. may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of User Content that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Comments are perpetual and irrevocable.
- submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner and the necessary consents from any individuals whose personally identifiable information is contained in such material to post the material and to grant Invoke Media Inc. all of the license rights granted herein.
- upload or transmit software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other computer code or files designed to disable, destroy or interfere with any software or equipment.
You acknowledge that Invoke Media Inc. and its licensors own all rights, title and interest in all content on the Site , including but not limited to the Site's design, text, graphics and files, and their selection and arrangement (the 'Content'), and you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, frame, republish, display, post, transmit, or sell the Content, except as may be expressly permitted by Invoke Media Inc.. You may download and print reasonable portions of the Content, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you leave intact all copyright notices and identifying information appearing on the original. You may not republish Site Content on any other website or business network or incorporate the information into any database or compilation. Any use of the Content not authorized by Invoke Media Inc. is prohibited.
All trademarks, logos, trade dress and service marks on Site are trademarks of Invoke Media Inc. or its licensors and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without written permission.
Invoke Media Inc. does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Invoke Media Inc. expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. Invoke Media Inc. does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and Invoke Media Inc. will remove all Content and User Content if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights or contravenes any applicable privacy legislation. Invoke Media Inc. reserves the right to remove Content and User Content without prior notice.
It is Invoke Media Inc.'s policy to respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement, and to remove, or disable access to, infringing material. If you believe that any of the Content or materials appearing on this Site contains infringing materials or infringing property, please send a notice to us at info at hootsuite<.>com
Your notice should contain the following: a physical or electronic signature of a person (i.e., claimant) authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed; identification of the content or material claimed to be infringing; a reference or link to the infringing material or activity, or the subject of the infringing activity, including information to enable us to locate that material or reference; the address, telephone number or email address of the claimant; a statement that the claimant has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement that the information in the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the claimant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Links and References
This Site may contains links to websites operated by unrelated parties. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. Invoke Media Inc. does not control these sites and is not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of these links does not imply any association with these sites or any endorsement or approval of the services, merchandise, materials or contents available from or on these sites.
This Site may also contain descriptions of or references to products, services, and firms. These references do not imply our endorsement of those products, services or entities. Under no circumstances shall any of our providers be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on or exposure to information obtained from or contained on the Site. Rather, you are responsible to evaluate the information, advice, and other content available through the Site, and any products, services or firms referenced here.
Invoke Media Inc. is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Site regardless of the cause or source, or for the conduct, online or offline, of any member or other user of the Site. Without limiting the above, Invoke Media Inc. assumes no responsibility for:
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, communications failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member postings or communications;
- the accuracy, integrity, completeness, or quality of any information, outputs or Content available from or through the Site; rather, responsibility for verification resides with the user of the information, output or Content.
- problems with telephone lines, computer systems, third party providers, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website;
- injury or damage to users', members' or other persons' computers or networks resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Site;
Under no circumstances will Invoke Media Inc. be responsible for any loss or damage incurred or resulting from anyone's use, including your use, of the Site, any Content posted on the Site or communicated to members, or any interactions between users of the Site, online or offline. THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED 'AS-IS' AND Invoke Media Inc. DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some states limit or prohibit the disclaimers of warranties in certain cases, so this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL Invoke Media Inc. BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND LOST DATA), OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OR (I) $5000 OR (II) THE MEMBERSHIP FEES PAID BY YOU TO Invoke Media Inc., ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND EVEN IF Invoke Media Inc. WAS AWARE THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OCCUR. Some states limit or prohibit the limitation of liability in certain cases, so this limitation may not apply to you.
Governing Law and Venue
If there is any dispute about or involving the Site, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, as they apply to residents situated within the state. You also agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the provincial and federal courts of British Colombia, Canada and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction or that the forum is not convenient, except that Invoke Media Inc. may bring suit against you in any court that has jurisdiction over your person or property. Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred.